Artisan Council, now and always, strives to be better. Better in our work and better in our souls. We will always stand up for equality, and want our Black community - our employees, our influencer community, our clients, our friends and business partners - to know that we stand with you in this fight, and we are taking action to show you as much.
What are we doing?
- We have donated to the Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- We have communicated to all of our employees reiterating the policies and mission spelled out in Artisan Council's handbook that align with the Black Lives Matter movement
- We have started organizing anti-racism educators to hold workshops for our team to assist in the unlearning of systemic racism in our society
- We have reached out to all of our clients and encouraged them to join the conversation on social media and beyond, and pause other irrelevant types of content for the meantime
- We have created a resource guide for our employees and our community to continue the action against racism, police brutality, and equality - this is linked below and will be a continued work in progress. You can also visit our Story Highlights.
What can you do?
- In addition to the Official George Floyd Memorial Fund, fundraisers you can donate to, including bail funds for protesters who are currently incarcerated waiting a hearing, are linked below
- Read up on various resources linked below to help unlearn systemic racism yourself, and take that further by educating others.
- Call your elected officials - call for action and justice. See more in our stories about how to go about this. - Open conversations; don't let - Take care. If you need to take space to process trauma or triggering content, please do so. We're here for you. If you're joining protests, ensure you wear a mask and gloves, and sanitize as much as possible.
Finally, if you're looking for a simple place to start as you yourself learn to be better, please visit out Instagram account for recommendations.
To continue the conversation, what did you do today to take action?